56 Gigabit enabled on Mellanox SX1012 Switch (40% more speed that 40 Gigabit Switchs)
*** Disclaimer ***
s2d.dk is not responsible for any errors, or for the results obtained from the use of this information on s2d.dk. All information in this site is provided as "draft notes" and "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information. Always test in a lab setup, before use any of the information in production environment.
For any reference links to other websites we encourages you to read the privacy statements of the third-party websites.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
56 Gigabit enabled on Mellanox SX1012 Switch
- The Windows Server Network Adapter Speed is listed as 40 Gigabit
- Login to the Mellanox Switch and go to Setup
- Select Licensing
- Type the Licens Key
- Select Add Licenses
- Eth port SW speed limit now list 56 Gigabit
- Check that the transceiver/cable support 56 Gigabit
- Select the Speed dropdown list (current speed 40 Gigabit)
- Change to 56 Gigabit and Save the change
- After setup the Actual speed show 56 Gigabit
- The Windows Server Network Adapter Speed is listed as 56 Gigabit