*** Disclaimer ***
s2d.dk is not responsible for any errors, or for the results obtained from the use of this information on s2d.dk. All information in this site is provided as "draft notes" and "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information. Always test in a lab setup, before use any of the information in production environment.
For any reference links to other websites we encourages you to read the privacy statements of the third-party websites.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Validator for RDMA Configuration and Best Practices
How to review the result from Validate-DCB
More information on GitHub
The results output consists of two unit
- [Global Unit] Prerequisites and requirements to run the modal tests.
- [Modal Unit] Each Cluster Host configuration and best practices feedback
How to review the Error(s)Example 1: Jumbo Packet Missing from vNIC SMB02
- The Validate-DCB list one FailedCount
- Scroll back to we find the red lines. Expect 9014 but the value was 1514 looks like the Jumbo Packet was not Enabled on the vNIC
- Review the Properties for the vNIC SMB02 on Host S046036, The finding is correct, the Jumbo Packet was Disabled. To fix the Error just enable Jumbo Packet
- Change the Value to 9014 Bytes
- Scan the Host S046036 again with Validate-DCB
- Now the Failed Count is back on 0
Review with PowerBIRun the Validate-DCB and add the Report Path, copy the XML to the machine with PowerBI
Download the Validate-DCB.pbix fle from GitHub (Link)
- Run "validate-dcb -ConfigFilePath C:\Temp\S046036.ps1 -ReportPath C:\Temp"
- Copy the XML to the machine with PowerBI
- Click on "Validate-DCB.pbix" to open PowerBI
- Import the XML
A: Edit Queries
B: Data source settings
C: Change Source... Select the XML
- Review the "Failure" and make the necessary changes