*** Disclaimer ***
s2d.dk is not responsible for any errors, or for the results obtained from the use of this information on s2d.dk. All information in this site is provided as "draft notes" and "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information. Always test in a lab setup, before use any of the information in production environment.
For any reference links to other websites we encourages you to read the privacy statements of the third-party websites.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Validator for RDMA Configuration and Best Practices
The Microsoft Docs version is now released
How to do the Installation and first run in 5 minutes with Validate-DCBMore information on GitHub
Video part 1 to 4
Part 1 - Installation
- Install-Module Validate-DCB
- Remove the old version from the Module (C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules if pester can not be removed use the command, to have both versions)
- Install-Module validate-dcb -SkipPublisherCheck
After installation of the Validate-DCB Module you can run the wizard:
- Run the Validate-DCB from PowerShell and the wizard will start <Next>
- Add the Cluster name
- The Cluster Nodes are listed
- Add vSwitch Name
- Add pNIC, vNIC and vlan information
- Select RDMA type iWARP or RoCE
- Select the Jumbo Frames (Ethernet MTU size)
Note: the MTU for RDMA is not the same as Ethernet MTU
For Mellanox list the Ethernet and RoCE/RDMA MTU with "mlx5cmd.exe -Stat"
Both the pNIC and the vNIC for SMB need to have the same MTU Size
- Policy Name
- Bandwidth Reservation
- Save the configuration file
- Export (the job will start)